Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seizure #2

This morning at 7:30 am Jeff phoned me chipper and alert (a total change from yesterday). I was excited to talk to him and hear that his night went well. This morning he didn't eat much but was slowly getting his appetite back. We were told his drain was going to come out soon and things were looking really good. He talked to us and was awake and looking forward to being unattached from some of the tubes. He was even well enough to get up and walk to the bathroom on his own. While he was in the bathroom I was waiting by his bed in the room and I heard a crash. I knew it wasn't right and ran to see what happened. I saw him on the floor and quickly yelled out the door to get a nurse FAST. Jeff was having a seizure. His drain had broken in the fall and CSF was leaking all over the floor. About 6-7 nurses came in and made me wait outside while they checked his vitals, gave him oxygen and tried to move him back onto his bed. The seizure only lasted for about a minute or 2 but the CSF loss was significant not to mention the huge goose egg on his forehead from smashing against the bathroom floor. He came back quickly and was able to tell us who he is and what year it is. Vitals were checked every 15 minutes and they have stayed steady. When he came back "with it" and I was able to talk to him, I told him he had a seizure and I think his biggest concern was if he would be able to drive or not (he was told he couldn't drive after his last seizure). He is much better now, just tired from all the stress his body just went through. We made him eat a few bites of a sandwich and a popsicle but he wouldn't eat much more than that. He needed to rest so we came back to the hotel and dont know anything more.  

6 comments:

  1. This makes me want to cry its so awful, I am so sorry for you guys! Really, I know I live 1 1/2 away but if you need absolutely anything, just ask, I am more than happy to do anything I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens! I am so sorry that your family has to go through this. Obviously HF has something important for you to learn and grow through this. We are thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassidy, you really can stay at my place. We are in the NW only about 10 min from Foothills, not sure what hospital you are at. I have a bed in the basement, a playpen and even babysitters!! Please call if you would like a home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the offer!! Jordan and Lise-Anne offered their place too and we are at the foothills. I'm with Jeffs parents too and we have a place with a relative of his. I will call if i need anything though! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cass I am so sorry you are going through all this, but I can see that all the fasting and prayers are really helping a lot ! We sure love you guys and continue to pray for you and your family. Thank you so much for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our prayers are with you, too. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete