Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Half way

Jeff and I were getting hopefully that he wouldn't lose any of his hair, since he was already 2 weeks in and didn't show any signs of hair loss. On Tuesday morning however, Jeff woke up to a pillow full of hair. I ran my hand through his hair and I had a hand full. We decided it was best to shave it. Most of the day I walked around a little sick that Jeff had to deal with having no hair and he kept saying how little it bothered him. I guess it's coming from two different perspectives.
 
This is Jeff after we shaved him. Since shaving him, I noticed his scalp was red and flaky but it was nothing a little coconut oil didn't fix. They say it could take 3-6 months for his hair to come back and in some people it never comes back. 
Jeff has officially completed while brain radiation and today was the first day of the boost where they target specific areas with a more concentrated amount of radiation. He has passed the half way mark and only has 8 more days of radiation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment