Thursday, December 12, 2013

The road ahead

I have been having a hard time with this post because of some mixed emotions. I know I should be feeling joy and excitement but I am so sorry to say I am not. I don’t know if it is because I don’t want to allow myself to finally feel a sense of relief or if its because I can see there is still a long road ahead. Jeff did have his appointment with the radiation oncologist and the news was good news. He said, "We hope we have put the cancer to sleep". The original tumor is still there and always will be. A lot of the swelling has gone down and things look like they did on pre-cancer scans. Jeff has a long road ahead and will need to work hard on making connections and memory. Things are still very cloudy for him and although he has been out working with his Dad, he still has a hard time understanding and following conversations. Everything I have seen and all of my research tells me he can get better and through neuroplasticity, his brain can make new connections. I have great hope for him in the future but since this has been the 3rd round of bad news in 4 years, I am sure you can see my reservations. Now it is up to us to decide how things are going to turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment